Blog - SF-15
By Richie Garard
Warm up with a 400m run followed by 5 pushups, 5 situps, 5 squats and 5 jumpsquats
Complete as many rounds as possible in 15 minutes of:
* 200m run
* 7 pushups
* 7 squats
* 7 burpees
Stop watch, yoga mat, pen and paper to record completed rounds
Scaling and Modifications:
* If you are indoors and can't complete a 200m run, you can interchange this with 100 jumping jacks/star jumps
* Beginners can modify the burpees for squat thrusts or jump squats
* Pushups can be modified to be performed on your knees
* If you are working on perfecting you
* Focus on your breathing right and try to get into a good rhythm right from the start
* Focus on maintaining perfect form for all repetitions (quality over quantity)
* With your pushups, squeeze your belly button into your spine throughout the entire movement to activate your core. Lower your chest all the way down to the ground, squeeze your stomach again and aggressively push yourself away from the ground (by using the arms and upper body only) to come back to your starting position.
* Maintain full range of motion and good depth with the squat with the aim of squatting deep enough so that your hips are below or level with your knees.
* With the burpees, squeeze your belly button into your spine and stay strong through your core when kicking your feet out and landing in the pushup position. This will prevent you from hyper-extending your lower back. Finish with a big jump in the air and with your arms fully extended and clapping on top of your head.
* Finish with a full body stretch for 5 minutes. Make sure to focus your stretches on your hamstrings, quadriceps, glutes, lower back and arms.